Sunday, September 20, 2009

Terri DeGezelle - The Real Deal Series

The Real Deal SeriesAlign Right


Children's Books


ILLNESS - The Real Deal

Why do people get illnesses? What is a diagnosis? How can you deal with an illness? This book will help you find the answers to these questions and others you may have.

MOVING - The Real Deal

Why do people move? What can you do to make new friends? How can you deal with moving? This book will help you find the answers to these questions and others you may have.



BIOGRAPHY
When I was a little girl there were two things in my bedroom that were very special to me; paper and books, I had a drawer full of notebooks, boxes of stationary, and lots of diaries. My bookcases were and still are full of Nancy Drew, Trixe Beldon and Anne Frank.

In eighth grade, my English teacher presented my class with a challenge – Read 1,000 books by the time we graduated from high school. I took the challenge and began to read even more than I had been reading. I read Charlotte’s Web, To Kill A Mocking Bird, Swiss Family Robinson and every mystery in my school’s library. I read under the covers at night, in the camper when we went on vacation and my favorite place of all, in a big over stuffed chair.

When I was a teenager, I went to Good Counsel Academy, an all girl Catholic high school. The Sisters I had for English were great teachers. They expected all assignments written using proper grammar and encouraged creative writing. I was not always happy with all those assignments but now I realize it was good practice for my writing today.

I still love paper and books. I still have a drawer full of paper and books cases full of books. I write and read every day. The only way to get better at something is to practice, practice, and practice!

OTHER BOOKS PUBLISHED
For a list of the 60 non-fiction books Terri has written, check her website at Terri DeGezelle.
Terri is a Full member of the Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators, a speaker, instructor and has received numerous awards for her writing.